Saturday, January 7, 2012

And we're back :)

I could make a million excuses, but instead, I'd just like to celebrate that we are back! I have 3 weeks before my next trip, then 4 between that and the next, so maybe I'll even make a little progress on this blog, which I'd like to cherish as my memory keeper, if I ever get caught up :)

Anyway, some big news from the last few weeks is that Olivia has two words! Mostly she is in a point and grunt mode when she wants something, but we keep working :). In Salem at Christmastime she started saying "hi" (which sounds a little more like 'haaa') as a response if you say hi to her, which we have some cute video evidence of. I'm calling that her first official word. Video to come soon...

I should be mostly excited about her first word, but honestly, the second one caused me the giddiness that I was expecting. on January 4th I was cutting Olivia some cheese, her favorite snack, but hadn't told her what I was getting her, just that 'mom had to go get a snack ready so you keep playing'. She was playing with her new toys, but must have looked up because she came "running" over (okay it's a really fast toddle) saying 'ch, ch, ch, ch' and just stood at my feet until I gave her a piece. Her first unprompted word! :) First time momminess is pretty fun, I have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment