Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving!

This thanksgiving was VERY hard. The first one either Alex or I has spent without family, and our first holiday down in Fresno. I think it was harder than Olivia's birthday, just because there are so many thanksgiving traditions!

That being said, we really did have a great day. We started out slow, just relaxing in the morning looking through Black Friday ads and playing with Olivia. We decided to see a movie in the afternoon, and what better movie than the new Muppet Movie? It was AWESOME, and I strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone who hasn't seen it. I was singing the songs for days, and can't wait for the soundtrack so I can sing them every day. Olivia did surprisingly well during the movie. She had her own chair, and enjoyed letting the front come up to squish her legs. She actually sat quietly for about 2/3 of the movie. After that Alex and I took turns walking around with her, but neither one of us wanted to leave the theater, so we tried to be as quiet as possible in the wings.

After the movie, we headed home and I got to work on dinner. As you can see by the picture below, I was very organized on my phone, and had a timeline of what had to happen when in order to have dinner on the table by 6:15. I'm proud to say that I succeeded in every aspect of my plan, and was even a little early on the finalized dinner. We had a pretty simple menu, consisting of: honey smoked glazed ham, sour cream potatoes (my fave), green bean casserole, baked carrots, stuffing, salad, and dipping bread. Everything turned out perfectly, with the exception of the carrots. I just picked up one of those "ready to bake" things because I thought it would be easier, and I wanted another vegetable. I was wrong, It didn't bake right, and didn't taste good at all. But everything that I made was a success, and I felt extremely accomplished :)




Olivia and Alex both seemed to enjoy their food...




And then dessert...I'll let you guess which one belongs to each of us, but I'll say that I served myself a LITTLE too much :) not to worry, it didn't go to waste!


1 comment:

  1. Your new blog tricked me. I forgot to move it up into the 'family' section on my blog list. I finally figured it out and just spent 1/2 an hour soaking up in some Casqueiro-goodness :). I'm quite confident that yours is on the left. I also had something to say about the San Francisco post... but I already forgot. I just remember this. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete