Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pre-Carter August

The first 10 days of August were perhaps the longest days of my life. I tried to fill it with fun for Olivia, who was about to get the shock of her life when we brought a new brother home, so we started it out with a super fun play date with Grace at Riverfront Park. The girls enjoyed the water park, then we went inside to the Carousel. I just can't get over how cute these little girls are, and what joys they are to their moms.



Wondering where the water went...we were wondering too, because it turned off for about 15 minutes!


Grace's concentration is adorable, and Olivia's face in the background is...well...typical :)


The carousel was really fun, it's one of those activities that is so fun to share with a friend! I enjoyed watching as the girls explored their horses, kept looking at eachother to make sure they were supposed to have fun, then sat back and enjoyed the ride.



Love these girls!


After the carousel we played at the playground for a while before going out to eat. It was a really fun play date, every time I look at these pictures I am reminded that I need to plan another one! I'm thrilled to have kids that will grow up being friends with the children of my good friends...double fun for me!

On August 2nd I had my last OB appointment. Carter's induction was scheduled for the 10th, and I was set to go. Honestly I just kept hoping that he would come that day, and then the next day...the end of pregnancy is no fun. But I was lucky to have this sweet face to look at every day!


She loved her swimming pool, and was spent time nearly every day in it for a few weeks. I promise she had a swimsuit on most days...this was post-potty accident, and I just didn't care enough to put a new one on!


You know, just sitting on her uncle in a box...normal activities I'd say.


My only real evidence of nesting this time around was making doll furniture. We are living with Alex's parents, and Carter is going to stay with us in our room until he is ready to share with Olivia, so I didn't have all the nursery prep to keep me busy. Instead I decided to make some bedding for a doll cradle that Olivia was getting when Carter came home from the hospital. I was thrilled to find this cradle and a matching high chair at a garage sale, but the bedding in it was trashed. Despite my previously noted lack of domesticity, I made a trip to the fabric store at 39 weeks pregnant to get the supplies for a project. I spent 45 minutes deciding on the patterns, then bought not quite enough fabric, but I fudged a little and finished the project with 2 days to spare. I thought it turned out decently, but I won't put up a close up picture...let's just say my first sewing project in 7 years shows my lack of skill.




No comments:

Post a Comment