Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Getting Settled in Oregon

We are going to rotate between now and then...so here is a 'then' post. :)

On the fourth of June, Olivia and I headed up to Keizer to get settled in our new house with Mary and Gary, and wait the last day or so until Alex got back. I wish I could stress how excited we were to have him, it honestly seemed like a month since we had had any quality time, and except for one crazy evening, we hadn't seen him in over two weeks. Olivia was definitely missing her daddy, and asked for him regularly. So imagine my surprise when I was unpacking Olivia's clothes and getting her room set up and Alex just walks in holding her! I was thrilled, but I don't think I had as excited a face as he pulled in this picture :)


Grandma and Grandpa were awesome to clean out the upstairs loft for Olivia's play area, and gave us both bedrooms upstairs as well, so we have plenty of space. Living here also came with a lot of live-in help, including Uncle An-nee, who comes home from OSU often to visit. Olivia is still living it up with all the attention, and loves to order her Aunt and Uncle around to go 'up' to read 'boots' or play some other game.


A few days after Alex got home we had a coming home party with all the Casqueiros, which was a blast. We all got reconnected and hung out, which was awesome after our 10 months of solitude in Fresno :).

I don't know why I love pictures of Olivia holding hands with grown-ups so much, but I do :)



This is the whole family watching some home videos of Tyler and Aiden with their spring accomplishments. So much fun to get to see sports and school plays!


Tyler and Aiden are also great cousins to Olivia, and are anxiously awaiting their little brother, who will be born this fall. I'm always impressed at how much they include her and adapt their games to allow her to play, even when unprompted by adults. Here they are playing soccer with Ashley, Niki, and Danielle (I believe).


Here is Olivia playing with Grandpa the next morning. Such a blessing to have grandparents who are able to be actively involved in our childrens' lives!


Alex gave Olivia her first golfing lesson...at the putting area of Sports Authority :). We always have a putting competition when we are there - I have won 5 times out of 6, but who's keeping track! - and this time O wanted to be involved. Here they are picking out the right one...


She ran around a bit with it before settling in for her lesson...I love daddy-daughter moments like this! Needless to say, they sunk the putt.


The next evening we took advantage of our help and went on our first no-kids date in about a year. I'm not sure exactly the time, but it was 11 months that we were either separated or in Fresno, so it was a well deserved night out. We really appreciate the free babysitting, and of course took the opportunity to do some baby shopping (we got a sweet deal on a double stroller) before doing dinner and a movie at Bridgeport. A very fun night out


We've really been enjoying a summer that is warm enough for shorts but not as stifling as Fresno. Here is Olivia playing with Grandma in the bubbles and dad in the sprinkler :)




I feel like I end every post talking about how glad we are to be back, but it's as true today as it is in the first few days we were back. Oregon is definitely our home, even when we don't live here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment