Monday, March 19, 2012

Taking Pride

These last few months, a lot has changed in my life. As I get used to each new stage of mommyhood, and my pregnancy becomes more and more noticeable (both to me and everyone else, currently 4.5 months), my standards of what is 'ok' have shifted quite dramatically. Before I forget (blame it on the baby), I wanted to jot down and share a few examples:

1. The daily ritual of hair and makeup (and sometimes showering and getting dressed) have shifted from a daily to a twice-weekly ritual. I rarely look in the mirror before leaving, and if I do I usually regret it :)
2. My list of places that it is 'ok' to wear yoga pants and a post-workout Tshirt has grown quite considerably - from the gym and grocery store to the gym, grocery store, library, park, mall, and just about everywhere that I need to go. Errands only happen once a day, and I'm not going out again
3. Olivia goes out sometimes with her hair messy and undone, with no bow (seems trivial I know, but this was a big one for me)
4. Trips to the grocery store include a during-trip doughnut to share (helps dramatically to reducce check-out line toddler hands grabbing and throwing everything in reach)

Alright, this is all I can think of. However, the reason I was thinking of all these changes today was because as I was getting dressed (yes jeans today, not yoga pants :)), the act of being able to button my pants was enough to make me do a little dance...sometimes you just have to take pride in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment